Get in touch
The Xenia garden annexe is our largest and ultimate outdoor living space. Its standard features include 2 bedrooms, a full-sized kitchen, bathroom and en-suite and a living room. This fully functioning living space is ideal for family members who want to stay nearby but have the facilities to live independently.
Coming in at 41sqm – 50sqm, the empty shell of a Xenia annexe holds endless possibilities. If the lounge is more important to you than the en-suite or if you’d like one large bedroom instead of two, we can draw up bespoke plans for you. From a ‘granny flat’ to a space for adult children starting a new family, you can achieve the perfect living space for your unique needs with the Xenia.
The Xenia really is the best of the best, giving you a huge living area and beds for all, we can configure this into the garden annexe of your dreams. This is our ‘do it all’ design, and as you can see from our example floor plans, you can choose from any layout to find what you’re after.
Floorplans are examples of how to customise a Xenia annexe, not the final product. You’ll be provided with a bespoke floorplan for your build.
• Full building regulations compliance and sign off
• 15-year insurance backed structural guarantee
• Galvanised Groundscrew base
• Structure built from c24 4×2 structural timbers
• EPDM Rubber roof with a 50-year life expectancy
• Shower room and toilet (options available)
• Kitchenette (options available)
• Room configuration – up to 2 bedrooms
• Fully insulated – compliant with building regulations
• Full electrics to include a minimum of 4 double sockets with options to upgrade for more, internal/external lights and 2-way consumer unit – site hook up is quoted separately
• Electric radiators
• High Performance UPVC French doors and 3 windows
• Painted and plastered walls, finished in a colour of your choice
• Tanalised redwood cladding
• Laminate floor of your choice
• Resin plate system for concrete slabs
• Upgrade for more acoustic sound insulation in walls and ceilings – perfect for music rooms, cinemas or office privacy
• Extra lighting and socket options
• USB sockets
• Exterior motion sensor
• Cat 6 ethernet cable
• UPVC anthracite French doors in multiple sizes
• UPVC anthracite Slide doors in multiple sizes
• Aluminium anthracite or black French doors in multiple sizes
• Aluminium anthracite or black Slide doors in multiple sizes
• Aluminium anthracite or black Bifold doors
• Selections of different styles and sizes to suit building
• All seasons thermally efficient solar glass
• Integrated blinds (within glass)
• Larch cladding
• Cedar cladding
• Composite cladding in a choice of colours
• Engineered wood floor
• Anthracite composite decking
Here’s a breakdown of each of our styles so you can see the key differences between them. All our garden annexes are built to a very high quality, and the specifications of each are fully interchangable, meaning you can get creative, designing an annexe that perfectly fits your vision and requirements if there’s something specific you have in mind. Need some help? We can guide you through a design process, using our years of experience and creativity!
Our commitment to building Annexes that are bespoke to your needs is what sets us apart from our rivals. Everything from flooring to fascias, through to size and shape is fully customisable.
The Custom Garden Rooms team are always up for a challenge. We use our years of industry experience and knowledge to create your Annexe in any space, and to fit any size.
Annexes are ‘habitable’ spaces, and they may require planning permission. Although this makes the project timelines longer than Garden Rooms, the benefit of having the options of living and sleeping in them is a huge benefit.
Yes, rooms that are ‘habitable’ such as bedrooms, do require planning permission and building regulations. We recommend individuals checking they have permitted development rights first, Custom Garden Rooms are on hand to help if needed.
Our custom rooms and annexes are typically built on site between 7-10 working days, depending on the specification.
Your project starts here. Punch in your estimated measurements below, then move on to the next steps.
Garden Room Vs Garden Annexe | What's the Difference?
Photography Studio | 5m x 4m